Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oriental Mindoro


 I'm not an overseas Filipino worker but i been away for almost two years in my homeland..of course the province of oriental Mindoro..where i spend most of my life,,my childhood,,my high-school life and my college days. What i miss most of the time is the way i lived compare now..the people,..the environment..and the carabao....I been working in laguna city..perhaps 300 kilometers away from my home..no one with me, alone..no friends, no relatives...living alone in this so fast phase of life...whenever i got sick im the one buying my own  medicine,,i cook for myself, i take my medicine and i force myself to be OK for only two days or there's no one left for me for it is companies policy for contractual that if there's no work there's no pay..You will miss your family, your brothers you used to be with you all the time and your old classmates with whom you are always drinking session...Here you have to deal with people you dont know...respect the people you dont want to respect and you have to make friends with total strangers. Living here is so different compared in the province..You have to buy everything kahit sili ng labuyo..calamansi is one peso each,,,,in the province you can have them at the backyard of your neighbor.For legal purpose you can have them at your neighbors door..I dont like the way people lived here.You have to moved very fast, its not easy to give your trust. I used to lived in the province where everyone is trustworthy. You know a family that lives even a kilometer away, here, your don't know who your neighbor are.But Laguna gives me a lot of opportunity. I become stronger..i lived alone without my family, no one watching me. I feel strange...but i am better now..Laguna maybe the answer to all my needs.to become who really i am..the door to every steps i want to make in buildinig a better me.


No comments: